Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friends are Forever

Two of my best friends from college days are visiting this weekend plus one new one. We have known each other for 42 years! Yikes! We are like sisters and try to get together several times a year. It is great! We have created so many wonderful memories-one recent one was a Hawaii trip we enjoyed last summer. We wish we could go back again and just relax on the beach--we took several tours that were very interesting.

One friend is from Carlisle and one is from north of Chicago so the QC is a middle point and works out for most of the get togethers. But we have also traveled together to Orlando, Texas, and Door County.

These are forever friends!

3 comments:

  1. I only get to make it home to Louisiana once a year (twice if I'm lucky), and it is so nice to see my friends. One of my best friends (Torri) moved to Memphis a year ago, and on this visit down my other "bestie" (Gina) and she conspired in secret to get her down to Louisiana so we could spend the weekend together. It was bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friends live here and we have traveled to Hawaii together and went on a cruise of the Islands. Over the years we have taken spring breaks in Dauphin Island, AL. and Christmas holidays at various sites in Wisconsin. The group has grown from 9 to 16 with spouses and children. We have had great times eating, watching movies, playing games, and shopping over the years and even this past weekend. What would we do without close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surely lucky with my friends. I have only one that I've known since Kindergarten, but along the way, I've picked up lots of them. Lately, I've been having trouble making time for everyone. I do plan to see a friend from 1967 this week for coffee.

    ReplyDelete